B2C Returns Policy and B2B Returns Policy
We operate on both a B2C and B2B basis. There are different regulations if you are a business customer. Both return policies are displayed below.
B2C: (Business to Consumer)
1. This policy sets out the returns policy for goods or services purchased through the online store operated by Gem Supplies International Ltd.
2. In line with the distance selling regulations, to be eligible for a return, your item must be unused and in the same condition that you received it, and it must be in the original packaging. Products marked as seconds or sold as damaged are non-returnable and non-refundable. The product condition will be clearly marked and highlighted on the product page when a product is sold as seconds or damaged. By purchasing a 'seconds' or 'damaged' product you are accepting these terms.
3. Some types of goods are exempt from being returned for a refund where they are perishable (e.g. food, flowers, newspapers, magazines) or where they are intimate or sanitary goods (like underwear), or where they are hazardous materials or flammable liquids or gases.
4. Other types of services cannot be returned for a refund, for example where the service begins as soon as you make the payment (e.g. a downloadable software product) or a gift card or gift wrapping service.
5. Under the Consumer Contracts Regulations, if you change your mind about a purchase you have made within 14 working days after the date of delivery, you are entitled to a full refund of the original purchase price for the goods or services you wish to return, and the original postage and packaging charges made. You do not have to give a reason for return. You will not be entitled to a refund of the cost you incur in returning the item to us unless the item was damaged, not as described or faulty. We may be able to offer a replacement so please get in touch with us before returning a damaged item. You have a further 14 days to return the item to us.
6. Our standard returns policy entitles you to a full refund of the purchase price and postage and packaging charges if you change your mind (i.e. the goods or services provided are not faulty or were not described properly) within 30 working days. (The distance selling regulations is 14 days to cancel after recieving your product + a further 14 days to return)
7. If the item you purchased was faulty or did not work properly, or you think the item was not as described in the item description, please contact us first before requesting a refund as we may be able to resolve your problem to your satisfaction.
8. Where you would like to return a physical product you have purchased, please contact us to let us know that you will be returning the item. To obtain a refund for a non-physical product (like a service) please contact us for further information about how this can be done.
9. Once your return is received and inspected we'll contact you to let you know whether your refund will be processed or not, and credit your original method of payment, within a certain amount of days.
10. If you haven't received a refund yet where we have told you we have issued one, please check your bank account or card statement to make sure it hasn't been received and then contact your bank as some banks or card companies take a number of days to credit your account.
11. If an item you purchased was purchased with a discount voucher, then we will only refund the amount that you paid (and not the amount the item was listed for).
12. All balloon orders must be unopened and returned in their original packaging. We will not offer a refund where the product has been opened. This is due to hygiene. If you return balloons and the package has been opened, the balloons will be destroyed and a refund will not be given.
13. If a product is damaged or defective, we will cover the cost of your return shipping or provide a return shipping label. This must be agreed with us prior to returning. We will not refund priority or express services such as "signed for". Please contact us first before returning your product. We cannot send out a replacement product(s) until the original has been returned.
Distance selling regulations for Business to Business transactions:
1. If the item you have received is faulty, damaged or not as described, we will offer a refund or replacement. Please contact us before returning an item as we may be able to offer an alternative solution. For other returns where the products are not damaged, such as "no longer required", B2B returns are not accepted - in line with B2B distance selling regulations. Replacements can only be offered once the original damaged items have been returned to us.
2. If the goods have not already been dispatched, you can cancel your order.
3. Damaged goods must be brought to our attention within 24 hours of receiving your goods. Order discrepancies must be brought to our attention within 7 working days of receiving your order.